Post #1 : Get to Know Me!

Hi study buddies! Welcome to my blog! Since this is everyone's first time here, let me introduce myself. My name is Marie-Ode Lafrance, I am 17 years old and I am a student at Collège Laflèche. My field of study is social sciences, more precisely psychology. This blog will revolve around why I would like to become a researcher in psychology.

        Ever since I was a little girl, I have always been interested in people's behaviour, but I would prefer to keep a distance from other human beings, which is why I am not particularly interested in becoming a clinical psychologist. For many years, I wanted to become a police investigator and solve crimes and catch serial killers, but I did not like the danger aspect and what really interested me was the idea of solving puzzles linked to people's actions and thoughts. Then, for about 3 years, I wanted to become a neuropsychologist, but I eventually realized that it was not for me. 

        This led me to the illumination that conducting research in psychology is possibly the best career for me, considering my interests and abilities. As I previously mentioned, people's behaviour is extremely interesting to me, whether it is the relationship they have with themselves, with others, or even as groups. Observing, analyzing, concluding, and sharing my findings is what really captivates me about this job. I am not quite sure in which branch of psychology I would like to investigate, but as of now, I find criminal nature to be excessively interesting.

        On this blog, you will find posts about articles, TED talks, vocabulary words, inspiring experts and more! I wish you all, study buddies, a great time on this online journal!

I will write to you all soon!

Marie-Ode


Comments

  1. Marie-Ode, I love how you interact with your audience. It makes the reader want to know more and thus, pursue with his/her reading. Excellent work! I enjoyed reading about you and getting to know you a bit more!

    Here are a few elements to review:
    - Capitalize your 'i': but i eventually
    - Word choice (Which): Which led me to the - avoid starting sentences with 'which', as it makes your sentence look like it is incomplete.
    - spelling (wether)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot! Please capitalize your titles :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #2 : Little Helping Words

Post #4 : For When You Are Bored